Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Comptroller General of the Nigerian Immigration service, General Muhammad Babandede has decided to suspend the deployment of the female officers involved in the #DontRushChallenge.
The statement issued Friday by the service, follows an EXCLUSIVE report FILED by NewsWireNGR detailing deployment of the female officers to the Northeast of Nigeria, the epicentre of Boko Haram.
Announcing the decision, the Nigerian Immigration through its official twitter handle, wrote in parts, “that the earlier Posting Order be put on hold pending the conclusion of the investigation”.
The statement continued, “The attention of the Comptroller General Muhammad Babandede MFR has been drawn to some trending matters on some social media platforms regarding the deployment of some of our Personnel to some Formations across the country”.
It says, “deployment remains a vital practice of regimented organisations such as ours and should be seen as such”.
NewsWireNGR recalls that; following their appearance in the viral #DontRushChallenge video, Priscilla Irabor, Catherine J. Bakura, Blessing Alfred Udida, Binti I. Attabor and Ockiya Eneni were the subject of a disciplinary memo dated April 15, 2020.
The statement added that, the agency “maintains zero tolerance to any matters bordering on offences against discipline among members of our workforce irrespective of gender”.
“We have high premium for staff development and indeed encourage personal efforts but that must be within the confines of our rules and regulations.”
It says, “The matter involving the Personnel in question is still being investigated and therefore, the Comptroller General has directed,” the statement concluded.
Meanwhile, Pop artist “Falz The Bahd Guy” whose song was used in the video has written to the Nigerian Immigration service demanding for the agency to reconsider the decision to repost the female officers..#
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay/newswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation
- Breaking: Former Bauchi lawmaker kidnapped
- 23 deaths and 1,479 new cases reported in one day as COVID-19 pandemic sweeps 25 Nigerian states
- LASU college of medicine shuts hostel after COVID-19 outbreak among students
- COVID-19: Nigeria is not considering another lockdown – FG
- Oyo Amotekun dismisses officer for killing 23-yr-old motorcyclist