Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Comptroller General of the Nigerian Immigration service, General Muhammad Babandede has decided to suspend the deployment of the female officers involved in the #DontRushChallenge.
The statement issued Friday by the service, follows an EXCLUSIVE report FILED by NewsWireNGR detailing deployment of the female officers to the Northeast of Nigeria, the epicentre of Boko Haram.
Announcing the decision, the Nigerian Immigration through its official twitter handle, wrote in parts, “that the earlier Posting Order be put on hold pending the conclusion of the investigation”.
The statement continued, “The attention of the Comptroller General Muhammad Babandede MFR has been drawn to some trending matters on some social media platforms regarding the deployment of some of our Personnel to some Formations across the country”.
It says, “deployment remains a vital practice of regimented organisations such as ours and should be seen as such”.
NewsWireNGR recalls that; following their appearance in the viral #DontRushChallenge video, Priscilla Irabor, Catherine J. Bakura, Blessing Alfred Udida, Binti I. Attabor and Ockiya Eneni were the subject of a disciplinary memo dated April 15, 2020.
The statement added that, the agency “maintains zero tolerance to any matters bordering on offences against discipline among members of our workforce irrespective of gender”.
“We have high premium for staff development and indeed encourage personal efforts but that must be within the confines of our rules and regulations.”
It says, “The matter involving the Personnel in question is still being investigated and therefore, the Comptroller General has directed,” the statement concluded.
Meanwhile, Pop artist “Falz The Bahd Guy” whose song was used in the video has written to the Nigerian Immigration service demanding for the agency to reconsider the decision to repost the female officers..#
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay/newswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- “Mr. Magu was not immune” – Presidency breaks silence on the detention of former EFCC acting Chairman
- Lamorde advocates special court to ensure accelerated hearing of rape cases
- Fredrick Nwabufo: What happened to the $2.1bn arms probe against Dasuki?
- Three persons have died and nine injured following a building collapse in Lagos
- Domestic flights resumed at the local wing of Port Harcourt
- Nigerian lady advertised for sale on Facebook in Lebanon, on her way home
- “We ride together, we die together, bad marriage for life” -Will Smith and Jada Smith address affair with Singer August
- Osun SSG, Prince Wole Oyebamiji recovers from Coronavirus
- Lagos sealed off private medical laboratory for allegedly conducting COVID-19 tests
- NFIU office located in Aso Rock, burgled as N510bn is traced to Bureau de change linking Ibrahim Magu – computers taken away