Estimated Reading Time: 1
24 additional Almajirai that were repatriated from Kano State and two health workers one each from Rasheed Shakoni Specialist hospital and the Federal Medical Center Birninkudu, have tested positive for COVID-19 in Jigawa State.
This brings the total number of Almjirai that have tested positive in the state to 40.
The State Commissioner for Health, Dr Abba Zakari, disclosed this to Channels Television on Friday.
According to him, 76 of 100 Almajirai whose samples were collected, tested negative.
All 76 who tested negative would be sent home, while others that tested positive would be kept in isolation until they test otherwise.
Jigawa has been keeping over a thousand Almajirai that were repatriated from other states in the country at the NYSC camp in Kiyawa Local Government in order to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 in the state.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri
- ICPC should publish names of persons associated with missing school feeding funds – Minister
- Arewa Consultative Forum caution Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to watch his utterances
- 300 Rice Farmers in Cross River protest unpaid salaries