Estimated Reading Time: 1
Some 14 health workers have tested positive for the novel coronavirus in Kano.
Of the 14, seven are nurses and five medical laboratory scientists, according to the Chairman of the Kano state chapter of the Joint Health Workers Union (JOHESU), Murtala Isa Umar, who spoke to Channels Television on Wednesday.
One medical record officer and cleaner also tested positive for the virus.
Mr Umar said 168 health workers had been exposed to the virus at the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital.
Earlier on Wednesday, the state government confirmed that 32 persons had tested positive for the virus in Kano.
The 32 new infections brought the total number of cases recorded in the state to 397, the government said.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR.
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19