Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Emir of Rano, Dr Tafida Abubakar Ila II, is dead.
He died on Saturday at Nassarwa Specialist Hospital at about 4:45pm after a brief illness.
His Rano emirate is one of four new emirates created in Kano in the wake of the balkanisation of the Kano emirate.
He was reported to have been hospitalised on Friday though details of his ailment were uncertain.
Turakin Rano, Kabiru Alhassan Rurum, said to DailyTrust Newspaper that the late emir was admitted at the hospital on Friday. Rurum, who is a former speaker of the Kano State House of Assembly, said the emir would be buried on Saturday, according to Islamic injunctions.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari and national assembly, scrap this bureau of corruption called NDDC
- Afenifere dissatisfied with reports of Tolulope Arotile’s death, asks for inquest
- Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the United Labour Congress (ULC) have merged
- Federal Government sets up investigative panel to probe alleged fraud in NSITF
- Buhari says gold mining will create 250,000 jobs in Nigeria
- Niger State assembly impeach house majority leader
- Former Governor Abdulaziz Yari demands apology from FAAN
- Drama as NDDC management walk out on House Of Reps committee members
- Senate approves N168.8 billion 2020 Budget For FIRS
- APC names Yahaya Bello as panel chairman of Ondo State Governorship Primary Election