Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Kaduna State University has directed its casual workers to proceed on compulsory leave without pay due to Coronavirus pandemic.
The Register of the institution, Mr Samuel Manshop, said in circular obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kaduna on Thursday that the leave should take effect from May 1.
“It is hereby directed that all casual staff in the university should proceed on compulsory leave without pay with effect from 1st May 2020, due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
“Your outstanding salaries for the months of March and April 2020 will be paid as soon as the university receives its funding.
“The date for resumption from the compulsory leave without pay will be announced to you in due course,” Manshop said.
He asked them to handover any property of the university in their possession to the Director, University Health Services
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay/newswirengr
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom