Estimated Reading Time: 1
Bauchi state Governor, Bala Muhammed has directed that chloroquine and Zithromax be used to treat coronavirus patients in the state.
The Governor, in a briefing on Wednesday, said he accepts responsibility for the consequences that may result from the use of the drugs.
Chloroquine, and a related derivative, hydroxychloroquine, have gained attention for the treatment of the deadly coronavirus, but the World Health Organization (WHO) says there’s no definitive evidence they work
Governor Muhammed said, from personal experience, he believes the drugs are effective and advised health personnel to ignore warnings from health experts abroad.
Muhammed was Bauchi’s index COVID-19 patient but has fully recovered after treatment.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://paystack.com/pay
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research