Estimated Reading Time: 1
President Muhammadu Buhari has asked the Senate to approve his request to secure a fresh loan of N850 billion to fund some projects in the 2020 budget.
He made the request in a letter read by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, on Tuesday on the floor of the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.
According to the letter, President Buhari seeks to raise the loan from the domestic capital market to ensure adequate funds to finance projects in the budget.
After the letter was read, the lawmakers gave accelerated approval to the President’s request to raise the loan.
They also asked the Senate Committees on Finance and Appropriation to liaise with the Minister of Finance, Budget, and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, to get more details on the loan request.
- Buhari re-appoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu for another 5-year-term
- We must regulate social media – Nigerian govt insists making reference to #EndSARS protests
- 2 years after, judge throws out case against 57 Lagos men accused of homosexuality
- #EndSARS Protest: Finding a Pathway to Sustainable Peace and Development
- Supreme Court struck out a suit over disputed Soku oilfield – here’s why
- Breaking: Lagos govt approves reopening of markets across the state
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Does the FCT have a minister?
- Breaking: Long queues of petrol return to filling stations in Abuja
- Breaking: Hoodlums are currently looting the NYSC office in Abuja
- “So-called #EndSARS is politically motivated” – says Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello