Estimated Reading Time: 1
A fresh case of Coronavirus has been confirmed in Ondo State, bringing to four the total number of infections so far in the state.
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, who made the confirmation in a series of tweets on Saturday, said the new case was a police officer.
Akeredolu explained that the policeman was tested in Lagos but while awaiting his result travelled to Ondo State.
He said, “Earlier today, I got news of another positive case of #COVID-19 admitted to our facility in Akure. The case of this individual who is a police officer is unique. Governor Rotimi Akeredolu
“He was tested in Lagos but came to Ondo State while awaiting his results. Upon receiving a positive result, he claimed to have returned back to Lagos.
“According to him, he waited a few days in Lagos to be picked up. When this failed, he panicked and rushed back to Akure for treatment.
“While we appreciate the confidence reposed in our facilities, we do find it most reckless on the part of the officer of the law to risk the lives of others.
“I am most disappointed in the level of porosity of the entry points to the state. The police officer should know better.
“I have contacted the Commissioner of Police to double up on securing our entry point.”
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party