Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Chief of Staff to Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state, Muhammad Sani Dattijo has dismissed reports that the governor is in the Intensive Care Unit.
Writing with the handle @Dattijo posted on Monday, he CoS disclosed Governor El-Rufai is working from the isolation centre.
On Monday, Governor El-Rufai attended a virtual meeting with members of his cabinet. The meeting was Chaired by his deputy, Hadiza Balarabe.
However, the Chief of Staff who posted a photo of El-Rufai live chatting with other cabinet members during the meeting, says the Governor is alive and well and working from isolation.
“To all the folks tweeting about him being in ICU, he is alive, well and working from isolation”.
The governor in his response to the reports said, “Earlier today, I took 2 hours out of isolation to attend the daily virtual meeting of State Standing Committee on COVID-19, chaired by Deputy Governor DrHadiza Balarabe.
“Since there is some fake news circulating that I am in an ICU in a Lagos hospital the ICU picture will help debunk the evil news!
“For the avoidance of any doubt, I have been isolated for the past 24 days in a wing of the Government House, Kaduna undergoing treatment for coronavirus from doctors of the State Ministry of Health.
Last week, NewsWireNGR recalls that the Governor of Kaduna State had said he is yet to recover from Coronavirus and urged Nigerians to ignored news suggesting otherwise.
In a tweet, he wrote through his handle, “KADUNA UPDATE: Earlier Wednesday 10am-2pm, I took few hours during isolation to chair a virtual meeting of the State Executive Council. I haven’t been cleared of Covid-19 yet & will personally announce when confirmed negative. Ignore all fake news even if you like it.”.
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO