Estimated Reading Time: 1
Chioma Avril Rowland, fiancee to Davido, award-winning singer, has recovered from COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus.
On Sunday evening, the talented singer took to his Twitter page to break the good news.
“Glory be to God .. Chioma has now tested negative twice for Covid19 … Thank you all for prayers …. We love you,” he wrote.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC on Saturday announced that the country recorded 49 new cases of coronavirus in six states.
In a tweet via its official handle, NCDC said 23 of the cases were recorded in Lagos, 12 in FCT, 10 in Kano, 2 in Ogun, 1 in Oyo, 1 in Ekiti.
This brings the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 542. 166 have been discharged, and 19 deaths have been recorded.
The deadly virus on Friday claimed the life of Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Mallam Abba Kyari.
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest
- Over 2000 critically endangered vultures dead through deliberate pesticide poisoning