Estimated Reading Time: 1
Chioma Avril Rowland, fiancee to Davido, award-winning singer, has recovered from COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus.
On Sunday evening, the talented singer took to his Twitter page to break the good news.
“Glory be to God .. Chioma has now tested negative twice for Covid19 … Thank you all for prayers …. We love you,” he wrote.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC on Saturday announced that the country recorded 49 new cases of coronavirus in six states.
In a tweet via its official handle, NCDC said 23 of the cases were recorded in Lagos, 12 in FCT, 10 in Kano, 2 in Ogun, 1 in Oyo, 1 in Ekiti.
This brings the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 542. 166 have been discharged, and 19 deaths have been recorded.
The deadly virus on Friday claimed the life of Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Mallam Abba Kyari.
- Bishop Kukah explains why Buhari makes it difficult for Nigerians to celebrate diversity
- Ondo 2020: Agboola plans to rig in Ilaje, says Akeredolu
- “I did not campaign against subsidy” – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- Fredrick Nwabufo: The injurious lies in Buhari’s Independence Day speech
- Protesters besiege the US embassy Abuja, demands Buhari’s resignation
- “Governance is not magic” – Babatunde Fashola says Nigerians are looking for results in the wrong place
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria