Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Late Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari has been buried in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria.
Kyari is believed to have died at the First Consultants Hospital in Lagos, Nigeria, a private facility – his remains was flown from Lagos to Abuja for Burial at the Gudu Cemetery.
Mr Kyari had travelled to Germany on March 7 to meet with officials of Siemens AG in pursuit of the deal recently signed between the Nigerian government and the energy company and returned about a week later.
He is suspected to have contracted the disease while there.
The chief of staff, was in Europe alongside the power minister, Saleh Mamman, returned to the country on March 14.
On 24th of March 2020, Abba Kyari tested positive to Covid-19 after he returned from Germany.
The Spokesman to President Muhammadu Buhari, Garba Shehu wrote, “We just received the body of Abba Kyari the deceased Chief of Staff the President in Abuja. In strict observation of the protocol put in place for the burial of Coronavirus victims by the @NCDCgov and the Federal Ministry of Health, the funeral prayer and burial will be private”.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government