Estimated Reading Time: 1
Menegian, son of the late environmental activist and poet, Ken Saro-Wiwa, has died of coronavirus in Britain.
Punch Newspaper reports that he died on Monday after being hospitalised following COVID-19 complications.
Noo Saro-Wiwa, sister of the deceased, made this known on Thursday through a Facebook post.
She said her brother had underlying health conditions before contracting the lethal virus.
She added that his late brother left a son, Louis.
“We said goodbye to my brother, Gian, on Monday. He had COVID-19 combined with underlying health conditions.
“Gian was the smartest and most talented out of all of us: a champion sprinter at school, a poet, an artist, budding engineer, a self-taught guitarist, and pianist. But mental health issues limited his life from age 16 onwards,” Noo wrote in a Facebook post.
She continued, “a kind and beautiful soul, always wanting the best for his family, always praying for our future success while being eternally optimistic about his own. And, of course, always loved his music”.
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help
- I raped her for collecting my money and refusing me sex – Suspect confesses
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi