Estimated Reading Time: 1
Menegian, son of the late environmental activist and poet, Ken Saro-Wiwa, has died of coronavirus in Britain.
Punch Newspaper reports that he died on Monday after being hospitalised following COVID-19 complications.
Noo Saro-Wiwa, sister of the deceased, made this known on Thursday through a Facebook post.
She said her brother had underlying health conditions before contracting the lethal virus.
She added that his late brother left a son, Louis.
“We said goodbye to my brother, Gian, on Monday. He had COVID-19 combined with underlying health conditions.
“Gian was the smartest and most talented out of all of us: a champion sprinter at school, a poet, an artist, budding engineer, a self-taught guitarist, and pianist. But mental health issues limited his life from age 16 onwards,” Noo wrote in a Facebook post.
She continued, “a kind and beautiful soul, always wanting the best for his family, always praying for our future success while being eternally optimistic about his own. And, of course, always loved his music”.
- Edo people “left us a legacy of efficiency,” – Father Kukah of Sokoto Diocese speaks of Guber polls
- Oshiomole and Tinubu constitute a threat to our democracy – Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki
- Leaving leadership in the music business was like therapy – M.I Abaga
- COVID-19 protocols: NCAA threatens to revoke license of some airlines
- Osinbajo engages APC Social Media Influencers on hate speech
- Suspected armed robber killed and burned by angry mob in Calabar (Graphic)
- Just In: A Nigerian Army colonel has been killed in a Boko Haram ambush
- Olu Onemola: APC vs. PDP – Was Edo State a Sign or a Fluke?
- 2,500 sacked Cross River State workers protest, demand reinstatement
- COVID-19: Church distribute palliatives worth millions to members in Calabar