Estimated Reading Time: 1
Six COVID-19 patients who received treatment after testing positive for COVID-19 in Osun state have been discharged.
Gboyega Oyetola, the governor, broke the news via his Twitter handle on Wednesday.
“Another good news from our Isolation Centre, as 6 more COVID-19 patients have tested negative twice, in line with @NCDCgov protocol. The patients who are among the 127 Ivory Coast returnees have been discharged to join their families.On March 25, 2020, the state confirmed its first COVID-19 case. The patient has, however, been discharged,” he tweeted.
“This brings to 17, the number of cases that have tested negative twice & have been discharged after treatment in our State. The remaining 2 patients at our facility are responding to treatment & it is our hope they will recover soon &be released to reconnect with their families.
“Once again, I thank the people of Osun for your cooperation &sacrifice during this challenging period. I also appreciate all our health workers who have been working so hard to ensure we’re all safe. You’re our heroes&we can’t appreciate your sacrifices enough. God bless you all.”
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%