Estimated Reading Time: 1
Six COVID-19 patients who received treatment after testing positive for COVID-19 in Osun state have been discharged.
Gboyega Oyetola, the governor, broke the news via his Twitter handle on Wednesday.
“Another good news from our Isolation Centre, as 6 more COVID-19 patients have tested negative twice, in line with @NCDCgov protocol. The patients who are among the 127 Ivory Coast returnees have been discharged to join their families.On March 25, 2020, the state confirmed its first COVID-19 case. The patient has, however, been discharged,” he tweeted.
“This brings to 17, the number of cases that have tested negative twice & have been discharged after treatment in our State. The remaining 2 patients at our facility are responding to treatment & it is our hope they will recover soon &be released to reconnect with their families.
“Once again, I thank the people of Osun for your cooperation &sacrifice during this challenging period. I also appreciate all our health workers who have been working so hard to ensure we’re all safe. You’re our heroes&we can’t appreciate your sacrifices enough. God bless you all.”
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability