Estimated Reading Time: 1
Oyo state Governor Seyi Makinde has opened the COVID-19 Drive-Through/Walk-Through testing Center which will ramp up large scale testing for COVID-19 at the Lekan Salami Sport Complex, Adamasigba, Ibadan.
In his address, announced that the project is a culmination of weeks of planning and hardwork which commenced before the index case was recorded in the state on the 21st of March, 2020.
The Governor noted that the challenges faced are multipronged owing to the fact that there is no healthcare infrastructure that can handle a full-scale pandemic and we have a largely informal economy which requires applying solutions that are products of scientific and logical thoughts while putting our local circumstances into cognizance.
He said that the Oyo State COVID-19 Taskforce has been working to ensure the prevention, containment and control of COVID-19 in Oyo State
He added that there would be a review of situation few days after the testing is increased which will ascertain the need for a targeted lock down or a total lock down.
The Governor explained that the aspiration of the government is to run 10,000 mass testing for residents of the state within the shortest possible time which will start with the first 2,000 testing target and will be completed in two weeks.
He appreciated the Citizen for Citizen Initiative led by Mrs. Ibukun Awosika for donating 2,000 test kits and also Life Bank Nigeria for collaborating with the Oyo COVID-19 Taskforce to conduct the tests.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government