Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kano State Ministry of Health has confirmed five new positive cases of COVID-19 pandemic in the state.
This brings the total number of cases in the state to nine.
The state ministry made the announcement through its Twitter handle on Wednesday.
Mr Tanko Yakassai, the media aide to the governor made the announcement through his twitter handle @dawisu ..
The first Index case in the state was said to have attended last weeks Friday mosque, but the three cases announced yesterday had no contact with the initial index case..
The development has forced the state to announce a 7 day initial lockdown..
- Nollywood star Ini Edo re-appointed tourism ambassador for Akwa Ibom
- Mandela’s daughter, Zindzi Mandela dies at 59
- Nigeria to review Air agreement with UK, others over landing right withdrawal
- In new reforms, Sudan scraps FGM, alcohol ban & public floggings
- NewsWireNGR Journalist, Elfredah Kevin-Alerechi, accepted into Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens