Estimated Reading Time: 1
The number of confirmed coronavirus patients in Kano has risen to three, as the state confirmed two more cases on Monday.
“This is to announce that 2 additional cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed after their test results returned positive. The total number of cases now in Kano State stands at 3,” Governor Abdullahi Ganduje’s media aide, Salihu Tanko Yakasai, famously known as Dawisu, posted on Twitter.
Kano state on Saturday confirmed the index case of coronavirus, otherwise known as COVID-19 in the state. The patient was said to have attended the Friday congregational prayers. This development has led the state government to consider closing places of worship. The male patient was discovered after he was admitted to a private clinic along Lamido Crescent in Nassarawa GRA.
- Former NDDC boss Joi Nunieh accuses Niger Delta minister Akpabio of sexual harassment
- The army has no right to declare any citizen wanted; Court rules
- Nollywood star Ini Edo re-appointed tourism ambassador for Akwa Ibom
- Mandela’s daughter, Zindzi Mandela dies at 59
- Nigeria to review Air agreement with UK, others over landing right withdrawal
- In new reforms, Sudan scraps FGM, alcohol ban & public floggings
- NewsWireNGR Journalist, Elfredah Kevin-Alerechi, accepted into Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu