Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Lagos State Police Command says it has arrested one Adetayo Razaq for raping an eight-year-old girl in the Ikorodu area of the state.
In a statement on Sunday, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Bala Elkana, said the arrest was made following a complaint by the victim’s father.
He explained that the victim’s father told officials at the Ikorodu Police Station on Thursday last week that the suspect lured his daughter with biscuits.
Razaq, 28, reportedly took the girl to his room where he had carnal knowledge of her on March 31, taking advantage of her father’s absence.
Elkana said the girl’s father reported that he had left the girl with her two brothers – 10 and 12 years – but returned home and met her in pains.
According to him, the girl complained of discomfort and stomach aches and has been taken to a hospital for treatment and forensic examination.
“The suspect, a tiller and father of two, is arrested by detectives from the Juvenile Welfare Centre, Ikorodu Police Station.
“The Commissioner of Police has directed that the case be transferred to Gender Unit, Command Headquarters Ikeja for discreet investigation and diligent prosecution,” the statement said.
Elsewhere, he said two teenagers allegedly drowned while swimming in community beach in the Ibeju-Lekki area of the state.
- Federal Airport Authority won’t shut down Kaduna Airport after attack —MD
- Just In: Presidency clarifies fire outbreak in Aso Rock
- COVID-19: Lagos shuts-down 11 facilities for violating protocols
- Herdsmen kill two farmers in Ekiti – Governor Fayemi says “This is one killing too many”
- Buhari marks International Women’s day by unveiling a list of female appointees
- Just In: Queen Elizabeth is to address the nation in a televised speech at 5pm today
- “He is carrying on as normal,” – Presidency tells Nigerians, Buhari has no side effects after Covid-19 Vaccine
- Breaking: Supreme Court Justice, Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta Dies in his sleep
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi