Estimated Reading Time: 1
The total lockdown order by the Kwara Government has commenced with strict enforcement by security operatives to curtail the spread of Coronavirus infection among residents.
A News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Correspondent, who monitored the commencement of the order around 6.45 p.m in Illorin, reports that men and officers of the Nigeria Police barricaded major roads in Ilorin metropolis.
A visit by the correspondent around Ilorin metropolis revealed that Unity Road, ‘A’ Division, Muritala Muhammed Road, Offa Garage Roundabout extended to Olunlade among other places were barricaded.
Barely 30 minutes into the exercise, the major streets in the Ilorin were deserted for fear of arrest by security agents.
NAN learnt that there was a combined team of the men and officers from the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) Nigeria Immigration Service, Man ‘O’ War and the police enforcing the order as at the time of filing this report.
The state government on Thursday, announced a total lockdown of vehicular, movement of people and all businesses from 6 p.m. on Friday.
The restriction order however, allowed banks, pharmacies and foodstuff traders to open for business only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 10 a.m and 2 p.m
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government