Estimated Reading Time: 1
Peter Obi, former governor of Anambra state, says it is wrong to relax lockdown because of religious worship.
Speaking at a programme on Arise Television on Friday, Obi said, “It is wrong to relax lockdown because of people going to church. Faith is a thing of the mind. You can worship without going to church,”.
“We have a crisis that we don’t have the resources to manage. The greatest country in the world is America. They are on their knees now health wise and economically. We should not allow that because we cannot manage it.
“Lock up Nigeria and we will solve our problems from within.”
States like Bayelsa, Kogi, Ondo and Katsina has all relaxed lockdown enforced to curb the spread of the coronavirus over the Easter celebrations.
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party