Estimated Reading Time: 2
The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons and other related offences have arrested a 42-year-old pharmacist, Abubarkar Danraka, for alleged sodomy.
A statement by an official of the Press Unit of NAPTIP, Osamuyi Oyegun, said Danraka who had a PhD, was arrested after he allegedly had anal sexual intercourse with a 12-year-old boy (name withheld).
Oyegun said the offence was contrary to the Violence Against Persons (Prohibition) Act 2015
According to him, after their religious educational programme (Islamiyya) that afternoon, he decided to check on his friend who happens to be a neighbour of the suspect.
He explained that when he got to his friend’s residence, he knocked at the door, but there was no response.
He added that as he made to leave the suspect opened his door and beckoned on him to come.
The suspect was said to appear friendly and offered the victim a glass of water which the boy took and later began to feel weak.
In that state of weakness, the suspect overpowered him, laid him on a red settee in his sitting room and forced his penis into his (victim) anus.
“After the suspect was done, he asked him to go home with a stern warning not to mention what had happened to anyone.
“On getting home, his mother scolded him about his whereabouts but noticed her son was uneasy. She took him into the room questioned him and he opened up about what had happened to him.
The victim said his mother checked his body and saw sperm content and bruises around his anus region. She and the father rushed him to the National Hospital, Abuja where he was admitted. The victim was discharged on Thursday, March 26, 2020 after spending five days in the hospital,” the statement read.
He said the suspect who is currently in NAPTIP’s custody, denied involvement in the crime.
Oyegun said an identification parade was, however, done where a number of men with the height and stature of the suspect were put together, and the victim was able to identify the suspect.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom