Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Katsina State Government has confirmed the death of a medical doctor, Aliyu Yakubu, affected by the Coronavirus.
The deceased, aged 60, died at the Nigeria Air Force Reference Hospital, Daura, three days ago.
Governor Aminu Masari, who made the disclosure at a press conference on Tuesday in Katsina, said the deceased, owned a private hospital in Daura and had visited his home state, Kogi, from where he travelled to Lagos some weeks ago.
Mr Masari said after returning to the state, the deceased fell sick and was admitted at the hospital, where he died three days ago.
He said the deceased samples were taken to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) for diagnosis before his death and was diagnosed positive to Coronavirus.
“We have received bad news of COVID-19. The deceased samples showed COVID-19 positive.
“Before his death, he was also diagnosed for hepatitis and hypertension, three years ago,” he said.
The governor said the state medical response team was in Daura taking samples of all those that had contact with the man before his death.
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge