Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Katsina State Government has confirmed the death of a medical doctor, Aliyu Yakubu, affected by the Coronavirus.
The deceased, aged 60, died at the Nigeria Air Force Reference Hospital, Daura, three days ago.
Governor Aminu Masari, who made the disclosure at a press conference on Tuesday in Katsina, said the deceased, owned a private hospital in Daura and had visited his home state, Kogi, from where he travelled to Lagos some weeks ago.
Mr Masari said after returning to the state, the deceased fell sick and was admitted at the hospital, where he died three days ago.
He said the deceased samples were taken to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) for diagnosis before his death and was diagnosed positive to Coronavirus.
“We have received bad news of COVID-19. The deceased samples showed COVID-19 positive.
“Before his death, he was also diagnosed for hepatitis and hypertension, three years ago,” he said.
The governor said the state medical response team was in Daura taking samples of all those that had contact with the man before his death.
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG
- Nigerian Airforce records first all-female crew on operational ISR mission
- Civil Society groups in Nigeria call for a state of emergency on SGBV in Nigeria.