Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Katsina State Government has confirmed the death of a medical doctor, Aliyu Yakubu, affected by the Coronavirus.
The deceased, aged 60, died at the Nigeria Air Force Reference Hospital, Daura, three days ago.
Governor Aminu Masari, who made the disclosure at a press conference on Tuesday in Katsina, said the deceased, owned a private hospital in Daura and had visited his home state, Kogi, from where he travelled to Lagos some weeks ago.
Mr Masari said after returning to the state, the deceased fell sick and was admitted at the hospital, where he died three days ago.
He said the deceased samples were taken to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) for diagnosis before his death and was diagnosed positive to Coronavirus.
“We have received bad news of COVID-19. The deceased samples showed COVID-19 positive.
“Before his death, he was also diagnosed for hepatitis and hypertension, three years ago,” he said.
The governor said the state medical response team was in Daura taking samples of all those that had contact with the man before his death.
- Court upturns deregistration of 22 political parties by INEC
- JAMB moves 2020 UTME screening into tertiary institutions to September 7
- Insecurity: Buhari says the government is doing its best but lack of resources has become a problem
- Sharia court in Kano sentences singer to death for blasphemy against Prophet Mohammed
- Hope Uzodimma, governor of Imo state, petitions NJC and attorney-general over the tag “supreme court governor”
- Insecurity: Buhari meets with North-East governors, security chiefs
- Agboola is desperate to be Governor says PDP
- Petroleum tanker drivers begin strike
- Katsina government warns civil servants against “improper use of social media”
- All roads and bridges in Apapa will be completed in October says Sanwo-Olu