Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigeria’s Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, says more than one million masks are about to be received into the country from China.
Addressing reporters on Monday in Abuja, he explained that the masks were being sent by a Chinese construction company, CCECC, as parts of its corporate social responsibility efforts to help Nigeria combat the coronavirus pandemic.
CCECC, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, is in charge of a number of Nigeria’s major railway construction projects.
The masks are to be accompanied by ventilators, Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) and an 18-man team made up of Chinese medical and technical experts, the Minister said during the daily briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19.
Ehanire believes the supplies being brought in by China are “globally scarce” and will “augment government support and build capacity to contain the outbreak.
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’