Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigeria’s Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, says more than one million masks are about to be received into the country from China.
Addressing reporters on Monday in Abuja, he explained that the masks were being sent by a Chinese construction company, CCECC, as parts of its corporate social responsibility efforts to help Nigeria combat the coronavirus pandemic.
CCECC, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, is in charge of a number of Nigeria’s major railway construction projects.
The masks are to be accompanied by ventilators, Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) and an 18-man team made up of Chinese medical and technical experts, the Minister said during the daily briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19.
Ehanire believes the supplies being brought in by China are “globally scarce” and will “augment government support and build capacity to contain the outbreak.
- Why we arrested Salihu Tanko-Yakasai – DSS Reveals
- Terrorists have resumed operations in Kagara, kill four
- PDP Condemns arrest of Salihu Tanko Yakasai, by the Department of State Services
- Group demands the release of Salihu Yakasai, abducted for criticising the President
- Abduction Scare: Kano State Governor orders the closure of four tertiary institutions in the state
- Northern Elders Forum says Nigerians have lost faith in the Federal Government
- Governor Ganduje has sacked Salihu Tanko Yakasai
- Police arrest Ogun deputy speaker for alleged assault
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released