Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Kaduna State government has recorded a new case of the COVID-19 pandemic, bringing the total number of confirmed positive cases in the state to five.
This was disclosed in a statement issued on Monday by the Commissioner for Health, Dr Amina Baloni, who added that the state sent samples to Abuja for testing. According to Baloni, five samples were positive, 77 were negative and eight samples were pending.
“So far, the State has sent 89 samples to Abuja for testing, among which 5 samples were positive, 77 samples were negative, and 8 samples are pending,” she noted.
She also disclosed that searching and tracing of 119 contacts of the positive cases is ongoing.
“The State Government has been taking vigorous actions to contain the spread of COVID-19 since February, by reaching out to the Chief Medical Directors of all hospitals in the state, daily evaluation of the pandemic and devising new ways to check the spread,” Baloni noted.
The Commissioner also added that the Ministry of Health has set up an Emergency Operation Centre (EOC), which will take proactive measures against further spread of the Covid19 pandemic in the state.
Baloni highlighted that the ministry has reactivated and strengthened the Infectious Disease Control Centre (IDCC), by posting trained health workers to the facility, who are currently caring for patients, in addition to setting up an alternative isolation centre which has 69 rooms, where mild to moderate cases will be managed.
“In the same vein, Kaduna State Government has also concluded arrangements for the establishment of a testing laboratory in collaboration with Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital(ABUTH), Zaria, for quick diagnosis”
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari Short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds
- NCDC receives 50,000 medical face masks from Taiwan
- Nigeria confirms 387 new Coronavirus cases, totalling 9,302