Estimated Reading Time: 1
Jigawa State Government has converted Yakubu Gowon NYSC orientation camp and a three-Star Hotel into isolation centers for Covid-19 suspected cases.
Governor Muhammad Badaru announced this while inspecting the newly established isolation center in Dutse.
The Governor said the state government had established a well equipped 20-bed-capacity isolation centre with trained manpower.
According to him “Despite the zero case status of the state we cannot afford to be complacent, therefore government has taken measures to prevent the outbreak and manage the epidemic should it occur in our dear state.”
“In the situation where the 20-bed capacity isolation center might not be enough, the NYSC orientation camp and the three star Hotel would also be use as isolation centers,” he said.
The state government also suspended all public gatherings, including weeding, naming, mourning and closed schools and markets across the state.
Badaru said the action was aimed at protecting the public and prevent transmission and spread of Covid-19.
He urged people of the state to be patient and persevere through the difficult situations.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government