Estimated Reading Time: 1
Jigawa State Government has converted Yakubu Gowon NYSC orientation camp and a three-Star Hotel into isolation centers for Covid-19 suspected cases.
Governor Muhammad Badaru announced this while inspecting the newly established isolation center in Dutse.
The Governor said the state government had established a well equipped 20-bed-capacity isolation centre with trained manpower.
According to him “Despite the zero case status of the state we cannot afford to be complacent, therefore government has taken measures to prevent the outbreak and manage the epidemic should it occur in our dear state.”
“In the situation where the 20-bed capacity isolation center might not be enough, the NYSC orientation camp and the three star Hotel would also be use as isolation centers,” he said.
The state government also suspended all public gatherings, including weeding, naming, mourning and closed schools and markets across the state.
Badaru said the action was aimed at protecting the public and prevent transmission and spread of Covid-19.
He urged people of the state to be patient and persevere through the difficult situations.
- Of Oil wealth, Niger Delta Politicians & the Nigerian state
- COVID-19: WHO Suspends Hydrochloroquine Treatment Trials On Safety Concerns
- COVID-19: Anambra, Delta To Check Movement On Niger Bridge
- MURIC wants Northern governors sanctioned for flouting COVID-19 directives to pray at home during Eid al-fitr
- Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product grew by 1.87% in Q1 – NBS
- Buhari says no development can be achieved without peace
- 229 more people test positive to COVID-19 in Nigeria, infection exceeds 8000
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai