Estimated Reading Time: <1
Alfa Sa’adu, a doctor of Nigerian origin who lives in the United Kingdom, has died of the coronavirus.
Sa’adu, 68, who is also the galadima of Pategi in Kwara state, died of complications from the disease on Tuesday.
Aisha Ahman-Pategi, Kwara state commissioner for chieftaincy affairs, confirmed the report.
TheCable Newspaper reports that, Until his demise, Sa’adu worked at Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust.
He is the second reported Nigerian to die of the virus on foreign soil. Bassey Offiong, a student of Western Michigan University in the US, died of COVID-19 on Saturday in the US.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom