Estimated Reading Time: 1
Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) has assured residents that waste operators will be in action, working throughout the sit-at-home period.
The Chief Operating Officer of LAWMA, Ibrahim Odumboni disclosed this in a statement made available to journalists on Thursday.
“Our PSP operators will be operating throughout the sit-at-home period, to ensure that waste is promptly evacuated and properly disposed of.
“I urge everyone to properly sort their waste and containerise it for easy evacuation and disposal by assigned PSP operators”, Odumboni said.
The Agency also said its enforcement unit has dislodged scavengers from its landfills and dumpsites.
He said the action was necessary to comply with the state governor’s directive that all necessary steps be taken to curb the spread of Coronavirus and other dangerous diseases in the State.
“This action is a precautionary measure to prevent any possible hazard. We know that there are a couple of scavengers on the landfills and the nature of their work pre-disposes them to danger.
“We do not want a situation where a problem breaks out and begins to go round the city. It is a pro-active step to prevent any untoward development,” Odumboni added.
He noted further that LAWMA would continue to work to ensure clean homes and environment, which are highly essential to curbing the further spread of COVID-19 and other dangerous diseases.
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers