Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Kano State Government has shut down its borders to avoid moving in and out so as to curtail the spread of Coronavirus.
This was disclosed by Abba Anwar, Chief Press Secretary to the governor of Kano State.
It was disclosed that the border restriction takes effect immediately.
Anwar quoted the governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, as saying, “This decision is hard but absolutely necessary as part of precautionary measures against the deadly COVID-19 possible spread.
“We urge Kano citizens and all other Nigerians to bear with this difficult situation.
“People must cooperate with health workers and all other stakeholders to make sure that our state is safe and the country in general.”
The governor also advised social distancing, and urged everyone to stay at home.
He added that hand washing with soap and running water or cleaning with sanitizer should always be observed by people.
All agencies like Nigeria Police Force, Kano Command, Kano Roads Transport Authority, Hisbah among others would see to the enforcement of the order.
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi
- APC wants security agencies to probe reports linking suspected cybercriminal, Hushpuppi to top-ranking PDP members
- Just In: Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, tests Positive for COVID-19
- Governor Akeredolu rejects the idea of handing over power to deputy governor
- Eunice Ortom, wife of Benue State governor, her son and some of her staff have tested positive for COVID-19