Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Cross River State Government has announced the cancellation of the State Local Goverment Council polls slated to hold on Saturday, March, 28, 2020 due to Corona Virus.
In a press statement made available to the media and signed by the Chief Press Secretary to Govenor Ben Ayade, the Government also declared that “all entr points into Cross River State (Land, air and water)” will be locked.
The statement reads in part; “In view of the reality of the Corona virus (COVID-19) pandemic, the state governor, His Excellency, Sir Ben Ayade, has issued the following directives:. All the entry points into Cross River State (land, air and water) are hereby locked down. Access will be based on passing a thorough screening regime.”
The statement further reads; “Civil servants, except those on essential services (medical personnel and revenue officers), should with immediate effect, stay away from work for an initial period of 2 weeks
“All social,cultural and religious activities are hereby suspended and essential activities must not have a crowd beyond 5 persons.”
The order also restrict tricycles and taxi’s to one passenger at a time, and restrict buses to two passengers on a seat with instructions on sanitizers.
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor