Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Cross River State Government has announced the cancellation of the State Local Goverment Council polls slated to hold on Saturday, March, 28, 2020 due to Corona Virus.
In a press statement made available to the media and signed by the Chief Press Secretary to Govenor Ben Ayade, the Government also declared that “all entr points into Cross River State (Land, air and water)” will be locked.
The statement reads in part; “In view of the reality of the Corona virus (COVID-19) pandemic, the state governor, His Excellency, Sir Ben Ayade, has issued the following directives:. All the entry points into Cross River State (land, air and water) are hereby locked down. Access will be based on passing a thorough screening regime.”
The statement further reads; “Civil servants, except those on essential services (medical personnel and revenue officers), should with immediate effect, stay away from work for an initial period of 2 weeks
“All social,cultural and religious activities are hereby suspended and essential activities must not have a crowd beyond 5 persons.”
The order also restrict tricycles and taxi’s to one passenger at a time, and restrict buses to two passengers on a seat with instructions on sanitizers.
- Nigerian broadcasting regulator warns media against reporting #EndSARS and that is why you can’t watch #GenocideAtLekkiTollGate but you should read this
- Lekki massacre: Who gave the order? #EndSARS
- Breaking: Armed security officials fire live bullets at thousands of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate in Lagos
- Flight operations at the Murtala Mohammed Airport suspended
- Nigerian senate asks Buhari to Immediately address citizens #EndSARS
- Breaking: IGP deploys anti-riot policemen nationwide
- Just In: All Progressives Congress leader wants court to shutdown twitter in Nigeria
- Tension as hoodlums set ablaze another police station in Lagos State
- Speaker Gbajabiamila says he will not sign the 2021 Appropriation Bill until … #EndSARS
- Breaking: Lagos Government declares curfew over #EndSARS protests