Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Cross River State Government has announced the cancellation of the State Local Goverment Council polls slated to hold on Saturday, March, 28, 2020 due to Corona Virus.
In a press statement made available to the media and signed by the Chief Press Secretary to Govenor Ben Ayade, the Government also declared that “all entr points into Cross River State (Land, air and water)” will be locked.
The statement reads in part; “In view of the reality of the Corona virus (COVID-19) pandemic, the state governor, His Excellency, Sir Ben Ayade, has issued the following directives:. All the entry points into Cross River State (land, air and water) are hereby locked down. Access will be based on passing a thorough screening regime.”
The statement further reads; “Civil servants, except those on essential services (medical personnel and revenue officers), should with immediate effect, stay away from work for an initial period of 2 weeks
“All social,cultural and religious activities are hereby suspended and essential activities must not have a crowd beyond 5 persons.”
The order also restrict tricycles and taxi’s to one passenger at a time, and restrict buses to two passengers on a seat with instructions on sanitizers.
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest
- Over 2000 critically endangered vultures dead through deliberate pesticide poisoning
- National Assembly To Meet On Thursday On 2020 Revised Budget
- Cobhams Asuquo has been appointed UNICEF national ambassador
- IMF advises banks to suspend dividend payment
- MD of NDDC Says The Commission’s 2019 budget padded with over 500 fake projects
- Presidency deny reports of cancelled memo signed off by the late Abba Kyari
- Governors to meet over financial autonomy for judiciary & legislature
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks