Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Cross River State Government has announced the cancellation of the State Local Goverment Council polls slated to hold on Saturday, March, 28, 2020 due to Corona Virus.
In a press statement made available to the media and signed by the Chief Press Secretary to Govenor Ben Ayade, the Government also declared that “all entr points into Cross River State (Land, air and water)” will be locked.
The statement reads in part; “In view of the reality of the Corona virus (COVID-19) pandemic, the state governor, His Excellency, Sir Ben Ayade, has issued the following directives:. All the entry points into Cross River State (land, air and water) are hereby locked down. Access will be based on passing a thorough screening regime.”
The statement further reads; “Civil servants, except those on essential services (medical personnel and revenue officers), should with immediate effect, stay away from work for an initial period of 2 weeks
“All social,cultural and religious activities are hereby suspended and essential activities must not have a crowd beyond 5 persons.”
The order also restrict tricycles and taxi’s to one passenger at a time, and restrict buses to two passengers on a seat with instructions on sanitizers.
- “Your appointments will ruin Nigeria”, Col Umar warns Buhari in open letter
- “We have lost a great member” Redeemed Church Demands #JUSTICE4UWA
- Breaking: Churches to reopen next week in A/Ibom
- Return to negotiation or…, Ngige warns ASUU
- Amnesty International says Nigeria gov’ts response to rape continues to be woefully inadequate
- Raped & left for dead: Edo Governor wants justice for 22-yr-old student of University of Benin
- Buhari’s refusal to address the country on May 29 is because he’s weighed down with failure – PDP
- $5.513bn loan: SERAP wants Buhari to reveal spending details of loans by his government since 2015
- PDP records landslide victory in Benue LGA elections
- Rape In RCCG; Uwa’s murder raises questions about the safety of Nigerian women