Estimated Reading Time: 1
Wife of the President, Mrs Aisha Buhari, has called for a total lockdown of activities across the country as coronavirus toll hits 36 with one death recorded on Monday.
Mrs Buhari specifically cited the case of state governors shutting down schools but allowing their parents to continue going to work.
She noted that much as the move by the governors was commendable, it could be counterproductive if the parents continued to report for work.
Taking to her twitter handle, @aishambuhari, she tweeted, “It is commendable that state governors have closed down schools; however, this could be counterproductive if parents are still going to work.
“We should not isolate students and expose their parents.
“Let us remember that they will meet at home.
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals
- Muslims in Kwara public schools can now wear Hijabs – Kwara State government