Estimated Reading Time: 1
Wife of the President, Mrs Aisha Buhari, has called for a total lockdown of activities across the country as coronavirus toll hits 36 with one death recorded on Monday.
Mrs Buhari specifically cited the case of state governors shutting down schools but allowing their parents to continue going to work.
She noted that much as the move by the governors was commendable, it could be counterproductive if the parents continued to report for work.
Taking to her twitter handle, @aishambuhari, she tweeted, “It is commendable that state governors have closed down schools; however, this could be counterproductive if parents are still going to work.
“We should not isolate students and expose their parents.
“Let us remember that they will meet at home.
- Breaking: Gunmen Kill First Class Traditional Ruler
- #EndSARS: Feminist Coalition website suffers suspected cyberattack
- APC chairman formally receives Senator found guilty of assault, into the party
- ‘Northern Nigeria is the worst place to live in this country’ – Sultan Of Sokoto laments
- Twitter Lawsuit: “We got notice for the hearing late” Adamu Garba explains absence from court
- Mahmood Yakubu asks National Assembly to pass amended electoral act before Q1 2021
- Nigeria is the third most terrorized country in the world according to Global Terrorism Index
- Argentine football legend, Diego Maradona to be buried in Buenos Aires
- Lai Mohammed says despite recession, Nigeria’s economy is improving
- Cheta Nwanze: What NDIC really needs to succeed