Estimated Reading Time: 1
Wife of the President, Mrs Aisha Buhari, has called for a total lockdown of activities across the country as coronavirus toll hits 36 with one death recorded on Monday.
Mrs Buhari specifically cited the case of state governors shutting down schools but allowing their parents to continue going to work.
She noted that much as the move by the governors was commendable, it could be counterproductive if the parents continued to report for work.
Taking to her twitter handle, @aishambuhari, she tweeted, “It is commendable that state governors have closed down schools; however, this could be counterproductive if parents are still going to work.
“We should not isolate students and expose their parents.
“Let us remember that they will meet at home.
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law