Estimated Reading Time: 1
Wife of the President, Mrs Aisha Buhari, has called for a total lockdown of activities across the country as coronavirus toll hits 36 with one death recorded on Monday.
Mrs Buhari specifically cited the case of state governors shutting down schools but allowing their parents to continue going to work.
She noted that much as the move by the governors was commendable, it could be counterproductive if the parents continued to report for work.
Taking to her twitter handle, @aishambuhari, she tweeted, “It is commendable that state governors have closed down schools; however, this could be counterproductive if parents are still going to work.
“We should not isolate students and expose their parents.
“Let us remember that they will meet at home.
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds
- NCDC receives 50,000 medical face masks from Taiwan
- Nigeria confirms 387 new Coronavirus cases, totalling 9,302
- Buhari says post-coronavirus, an opportunity for Africa to look within, explore manufacturing potentials
- Buhari assures Nigerians that the mandate for change remains relevant to improve livelihoods
- Nigerian Government receives bids to track repatriated Abacha stolen funds
- Governor Tambuwal begs for more military intervention to end bandit attacks in Sokoto
- “Acute corruption, indebtedness and nepotism” – The PDP says of Buhari’s ‘regime’ in 5 years
- Donald Trump, the African strongman in America
- NITDA to implement digital economy policy, strategy plan