Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Lagos State government says four new cases of coronavirus have been recorded in the state.
Akin Abayomi, the state commissioner for health, disclosed this during a press conference on Thursday.
“What we have is a combination of imported cases and local transmission,” he said.
“There are four new cases. There are 11 total confirmed cases but we actually have 9 active cases because the index case is now negative. The only reason he is still with us is because he needs two negative tests but he is ready and anxious to go.”
Nigeria previously had eight confirmed cases of the disease.
Abayomi said out of the 19 tests that were conducted on suspected cases four turned out positive.
He said they were contacts of the five cases that were confirmed on Wednesday.
He also said the recent cases include a Nigerian female who returned from France via a Turkish airline (TK 1830) on March 14; a Nigerian in his 50s who did not travel out of the country, and another Nigerian male who arrived in the country on March 13, from Frankfurt, Germany on Luftansa flight LH 568.
He said contact tracing of over 1,300 persons in relation to the confirmed cases in progress.
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering
- FG begins ‘systematic maintenance’ of Lagos bridges & drains
- 9 contractors made the shortlist for Fourth Mainland Bridge – Hamzat
- $18.34 million paid as ransom between June 2011 & March 2020: SBM looks Inside Nigeria’s Lucrative Kidnap Industry
- Allegations of corruption against the National assembly smacks of cheap blackmail – Sen Ajibola Bashiru
- Telecom firms now to pay N1 per km for Right Of Way (RoW) in Kwara
- Ebonyi to shut down some of its social media groups from June 2
- Breaking: Coronavirus cases in Nigeria exceeds 10,000
- “Your appointments will ruin Nigeria”, – Col Umar warns Buhari in open letter
- “We have lost a great member” Redeemed Church Demands #JUSTICE4UWA