Estimated Reading Time: <1
Emir of Kano, Malam Muhammadu Sanusi ll has been dethroned over disrespect to the office of the governor and other government agencies.
The Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Usman Alhaji, said the removal was with immediate effect. The emir’s action violated the part 3 section A-E of Kano state law, hence the removal. He said the removal was in line with consultation with relevant stakeholders.
He said a new emir would be announced in due course. He urged Kano people to remain calm and go about their normal businesses.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari and national assembly, scrap this bureau of corruption called NDDC
- Afenifere dissatisfied with reports of Tolulope Arotile’s death, asks for inquest
- Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the United Labour Congress (ULC) have merged
- Federal Government sets up investigative panel to probe alleged fraud in NSITF
- Buhari says gold mining will create 250,000 jobs in Nigeria
- Niger State assembly impeach house majority leader
- Former Governor Abdulaziz Yari demands apology from FAAN
- Drama as NDDC management walk out on House Of Reps committee members
- Senate approves N168.8 billion 2020 Budget For FIRS
- APC names Yahaya Bello as panel chairman of Ondo State Governorship Primary Election