Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Director-General of the Progressives Governors Forum, Salihu Lukeman, has urged the party’s National Working Committee in consultation with the President Muhammadu Buhari, to liaise with governors and the national caucus, to convene a National Executive Council meeting to appoint an acting National Chairman for the party.
He said doing so would provide a window of opportunity for the party to rebuild and restore confidence.
Lukeman said this in a written intervention made public in Abuja on Friday.
The PGF is the umbrella body of governors elected under the platform of the APC.
Lukeman said, “Combinations of a majority of the remaining members of the NWC in consultation with President Buhari, Governors, other party leaders who are leading members of the National Caucus can resolve all these issues and convene the NEC to appoint an Acting National Chairman.
“With the appointment of an Acting National Chairman, the next would be to seek to invoke provisions of Article 25 A(i) of the APC constitution, which stipulate that the National Convention of the Party shall be held once in two years at a date, venue and time to be recommended by the National Working Committee and approved by the National Executive Committee subject to the giving of statutory notice to Independent National Electoral Commission and at least 14 days’ notice given to members eligible to attend.”
- Police storm Edo assembly complex
- Sell petrol at old rate until PPPRA gives directive, IPMAN tells members
- #Revolutionow protesters in Osun may be locked up for 14 days as DSS obtains detention order
- Governor Seyi Makinde approves N59.7 Million for Amotekun
- Nigeria, along with other ILO Member countries, ratify convention on child labour
- Health workers in Bauchi to begin strike on Thursday
- Association of aircraft pilots and engineers threaten to shut down all airlines over sacked pilots
- Arrested #RevolutionNow protesters released; they violated COVID-19 protocols says FCTA
- Edo Elections: Deputy governor accuses Oshiomhole of N80 million bribe to lawmakers
- Edo State Deputy Speaker impeached