Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Director-General of the Progressives Governors Forum, Salihu Lukeman, has urged the party’s National Working Committee in consultation with the President Muhammadu Buhari, to liaise with governors and the national caucus, to convene a National Executive Council meeting to appoint an acting National Chairman for the party.
He said doing so would provide a window of opportunity for the party to rebuild and restore confidence.
Lukeman said this in a written intervention made public in Abuja on Friday.
The PGF is the umbrella body of governors elected under the platform of the APC.
Lukeman said, “Combinations of a majority of the remaining members of the NWC in consultation with President Buhari, Governors, other party leaders who are leading members of the National Caucus can resolve all these issues and convene the NEC to appoint an Acting National Chairman.
“With the appointment of an Acting National Chairman, the next would be to seek to invoke provisions of Article 25 A(i) of the APC constitution, which stipulate that the National Convention of the Party shall be held once in two years at a date, venue and time to be recommended by the National Working Committee and approved by the National Executive Committee subject to the giving of statutory notice to Independent National Electoral Commission and at least 14 days’ notice given to members eligible to attend.”
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG
- Nigerian Airforce records first all-female crew on operational ISR mission
- Civil Society groups in Nigeria call for a state of emergency on SGBV in Nigeria.
- Lagos State Government to reverse Land Use Charge
- Female bodies and the illusion of safe spaces in Nigeria
- COVID-19 Update: Nigeria records 348 new cases, total infections exceed 11,000
- TechHerNG begins the re-launching Africa ‘emphasising tech, prioritising progression’ series