Estimated Reading Time: <1
Boko Haram terrorists have attacked Garkida community in Gombi Local Government Area of Adamawa State.
Garkida community came under attack by the insurgents on Friday according to multiple accounts.
According to them, the assailants fired sporadic gunshots and engaged in an exchange of fire with security operatives and local vigilante officials on the ground.
The Police Public Relations Officer in Adamawa State, Suleiman Nguroje, has confirmed the attack to Channels Television.
He disclosed that policemen and other security personnel have been drafted to Gombi town and its environs, to prevent the insurgents from gaining access to the town.
The command’s spokesman, however, could not give details of the attack while the time the insurgents carried out the attack has yet to be ascertained.
Boko Haram insurgents have attacked communities in the northern area of Adamawa in search of food items, such as the recent attack in Michika Local Government Area in January.
- Police arrests suspect linked to the rape and murder of Ms Vera Uwa
- Breaking: Reps reject motion to suspend 7.5% VAT
- Just In: Senator Munir Adekunle Muse is dead
- Infectious Disease Bill: Court fixes June 15 date for Senator Melaye’s hearing
- Covid-19: Kaduna expands community search
- Special Report: Fate of Nigerian women facing gender-based violence amid COVID-19 lockdown
- NYSC certificate of Bayelsa deputy governor was altered – DSS
- Legendary Reggae Singer; Majek Fashek Is Dead
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21