Estimated Reading Time: <1
Boko Haram terrorists have attacked Garkida community in Gombi Local Government Area of Adamawa State.
Garkida community came under attack by the insurgents on Friday according to multiple accounts.
According to them, the assailants fired sporadic gunshots and engaged in an exchange of fire with security operatives and local vigilante officials on the ground.
The Police Public Relations Officer in Adamawa State, Suleiman Nguroje, has confirmed the attack to Channels Television.
He disclosed that policemen and other security personnel have been drafted to Gombi town and its environs, to prevent the insurgents from gaining access to the town.
The command’s spokesman, however, could not give details of the attack while the time the insurgents carried out the attack has yet to be ascertained.
Boko Haram insurgents have attacked communities in the northern area of Adamawa in search of food items, such as the recent attack in Michika Local Government Area in January.
- Breaking: Terrorists abduct 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji