Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) Governorship Candidate in the 2019 General Elections, Mr Jimi Agbaje, has debunked allegations that he was a mole of the All Progressive Congress (APC) during the polls.
He told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Lagos that all the allegations against him during the last general election were political gimmicks employed to ridicule him.
Agbaje spoke with NAN on the sidelines of the maiden Voice of Reason Goke Omisore Lecture, with the theme: “Restructuring; Building a Knowledge-Based Society,” held at Muson Centre, Onikan, Lagos. “There were many things said. I was accused of being the opposition’s mole in the party, saying that it was Bola Tinubu that was sponsoring me.
“All those allegations were their own figment of imaginations because Tinubu that they are talking about, I had yet to meet him in the past six years, so where is that coming from? “Also, it was said that I am the one supplying drugs to all the state hospitals in Lagos. If anybody says I am government contractor, such person should produce a proof. “People can be accused of anything, and that is what politics is all about. I have said it, I am not a government contractor, either state or federal,” he said.
Agbaje said that part of the ploy used against him during the last election was that he played a divisive politics by pitching the Yorubas against other tribe, adding that he never did. “I was accused of an alliance with the Igbos against the Yoruba interest. I want to challenge anyone with the record of such alliance to produce it because, I never did.
“I don’t play politics of sentiments because I am different, all those allegations were just politicking to equate me out. “Well, concerning running for gubernatorial election again, I have not said that I will run, but I remain a politician. I can remain as a politician without contesting for election, ” Agbaje said. (NAN)
- Breaking: Terrorists abduct 300 schoolgirls in Zamfara
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji