Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Supreme Court has adjourned hearing on the application filed by the former governor of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha , challenging the judgement of the court that sacked him.
The court adjourned hearing to March 2 . Counsel to Ihedioha and PDP, Kanu Agabi (SAN) asked for an adjournment to enable the parties conclude on the processes that are being filed and served.
Counsel to Uzodinma and APC, Damian Dodo (SAN) did not oppose the application. The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Tanko Muhammad led seven other members in hearing the application of Ihedioha and the members of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Zamfara State challenging the decisions of the court.. Other members of the panel are: Justices Sylvester Ngwuta, Kayode Ariwoola, Kudirat Kekere-Ekun, Inyang Okoro, Amina Augie, and Uwani Abba-Aji.
Security in and around Court was on Tuesday beefed up by police and other security operatives as the Supreme Court considers the two applications, one each by the former governor of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha and members of the APC in Zamfara State challenging the decisions of the court.
Ihedioha and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had in an application dated February 5, 2020 and brought through his counsel, Kanu Agabi (SAN) asked the apex court to set aside its judgement of January 14, which nullified his victory in the March 9, 2019 election and declared Hope Uzodinma of the All Progressives Congress,APC winner of the election after he presented excluded results from 388 polling units.
- Lagos Govt withdraws charges against Naira Marley & former Guber aspirant who attended Funke Akindele’s Party
- Breaking: Nigeria Records Another COVID-19 Death
- Katsina Relaxes Social Distancing Rules; Lifts Ban On Friday Prayers
- AfDB President, Akinwunmi Adesina Denies Allegations Of Misconduct
- Africa Faces Massive Job Cuts In The Energy Sector – AEC
- #COVID19: EU to Help Africa With €15 Billion
- Poor People Are Not Sufficiently Captured By SIP – Senate President
- Keep your Smartphone Corona-Free: Kaspersky Shares Top Tips
- COVID-19: Customs Boss Approves Release Of Rice, Other Items Worth N3.2bn For Distribution
- “I am ready to set aside my immunity” – Governor Wike reveals those making Rivers state Vulnerable to Coronavirus