Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday restrained the Independent National Electoral Commission from deregistering 31 political parties.
Justice Anwuli Chikere, in a ruling, said INEC having failed to oppose the application by the applicants, the affected political parties had the legal right which must be protected.
INEC had, on February 6, deregistered 74 political parties.
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike