Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday restrained the Independent National Electoral Commission from deregistering 31 political parties.
Justice Anwuli Chikere, in a ruling, said INEC having failed to oppose the application by the applicants, the affected political parties had the legal right which must be protected.
INEC had, on February 6, deregistered 74 political parties.
- Osun State Government approves N30,000 minimum wage for workers
- 7, 194 police personnel deployed to Akwa Ibom as local government elections hold today
- New CBN report says consumers’ confidence in the economy dropped in Q3
- #EndSARS: Police inaugurate Panel to Assess Damages
- We demand the South East be given the opportunity to produce the president of Nigeria in 2023 – MASSOB
- #EndSARS: Ondo state Governor laments the absence of police officers
- IGP begs officers to return to duty posts after #EndSARS Protest
- Lagos State Government has announced a further relaxation of the curfew imposed
- Members of the Lagos judiciary panel visited a morgue at the military hospital Ikoyi- #EndSARS
- Breaking: Dead bodies discovered in Laminga Dam Jos – #EndSARS protest