Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspected bandits on Friday evening invaded two villages in Batsari local Government area of Katsina state and killed 33 people.
The bandits were said to have entered Tsauwa and Dankar villages at the time of prayer, around 6:30pm and burnt several houses, animals and properties worth millions.
The Katsina State Police Commissioner, CP Sanusi Buba who led a joint team of Police, accompanied with the men of ‘’Operation Puff Adda’’, Nigeria Army and newsmen to the two affected villages, confirmed the incident
He expressed sadness over the situation, saying about 21 persons were confirmed death in Tsauwa village who were mostly elderly men.
Some villagers, who spoke to The Nation in Tsauwa village namely Salisu Lawal and Baba Dahiru, said about 23 persons were killed in Tsauwa, while about 10 persons were killed in neighboring Dankar villages.
The villagers further appealed to Governor Aminu Bello Masari to quickly intervene into the incessant attacks in the state for them to have rest of mind.
When we arrived the villages in the convoy of the security operatives, the people of Tsauwa village, were seen burying the corpses of their beloved families in tears.
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit
- Chairman of Nigeria Medical Association tests positive for COVID-19 in Nasarawa
- “And just like that, my life has changed forever” – Chimamanda Adichie pens emotional tribute in honour of her late father
- Five persons have lost their lives as boat capsizes along Ikorodu Channel of the Lagos State Waterways
- ‘Irresponsible and cheap politics’ – How Bukola Saraki described APC statement linking him with Hushpuppi