Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspected bandits on Friday evening invaded two villages in Batsari local Government area of Katsina state and killed 33 people.
The bandits were said to have entered Tsauwa and Dankar villages at the time of prayer, around 6:30pm and burnt several houses, animals and properties worth millions.
The Katsina State Police Commissioner, CP Sanusi Buba who led a joint team of Police, accompanied with the men of ‘’Operation Puff Adda’’, Nigeria Army and newsmen to the two affected villages, confirmed the incident
He expressed sadness over the situation, saying about 21 persons were confirmed death in Tsauwa village who were mostly elderly men.
Some villagers, who spoke to The Nation in Tsauwa village namely Salisu Lawal and Baba Dahiru, said about 23 persons were killed in Tsauwa, while about 10 persons were killed in neighboring Dankar villages.
The villagers further appealed to Governor Aminu Bello Masari to quickly intervene into the incessant attacks in the state for them to have rest of mind.
When we arrived the villages in the convoy of the security operatives, the people of Tsauwa village, were seen burying the corpses of their beloved families in tears.
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge
- Bauchi Governor suspends Emir of Misau
- APC plans to use Ganduje, Yahyah Bello and Uzodinma to derail Edo election – PDP
- Stamp duty will now be paid on house rent and C of O – FIRS
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud