Estimated Reading Time: <1
Suspected bandits on Friday evening invaded two villages in Batsari local Government area of Katsina state and killed 33 people.
The bandits were said to have entered Tsauwa and Dankar villages at the time of prayer, around 6:30pm and burnt several houses, animals and properties worth millions.
The Katsina State Police Commissioner, CP Sanusi Buba who led a joint team of Police, accompanied with the men of ‘’Operation Puff Adda’’, Nigeria Army and newsmen to the two affected villages, confirmed the incident
He expressed sadness over the situation, saying about 21 persons were confirmed death in Tsauwa village who were mostly elderly men.
Some villagers, who spoke to The Nation in Tsauwa village namely Salisu Lawal and Baba Dahiru, said about 23 persons were killed in Tsauwa, while about 10 persons were killed in neighboring Dankar villages.
The villagers further appealed to Governor Aminu Bello Masari to quickly intervene into the incessant attacks in the state for them to have rest of mind.
When we arrived the villages in the convoy of the security operatives, the people of Tsauwa village, were seen burying the corpses of their beloved families in tears.
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC
- “This is hardly the time to raise taxes” – Vice President Yemi Osinbajo
- APC Lawmaker says water Bill is a Northern agenda to tighten the noose on the South
- European airlines are reducing fares to attract passengers and fill the planes that are still flying
- “An orchestrated sabotage” – How President Buhari described attack on Borno Governor that left scores dead
- Borno Governor speaks about ambush of his convoy that left police officers and soldiers dead