Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Catholic Priest serving at the Uromi Diocese, Father Nicholas Oboh, has been abducted by gunmen in Benin City.
Chancellor Uromi diocese, Rev Father Osi Odenore, in a statement posted on his facebook page said Father Oboh was abducted on Valentine’s day but was not specific in the area where the abduction took place.
He called for prayers for the release of Father Oboh.
“We are sure he is alive, and since the incident, steps have be taken to ensure that Rev Father Nicholas Oboh is release without no harm.”
Also, some children were abducted at Umelu community in Ikpoba-Okha local government area.
It was gathered that armed robbers had robbed residents in the area and took four children along with them.
Sources in the area said one of the abducted children has been released after the parents paid the sum of N2m.
The sources said other parents have opned negotiations with the abductors.
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge
- Bauchi Governor suspends Emir of Misau
- APC plans to use Ganduje, Yahyah Bello and Uzodinma to derail Edo election – PDP
- Stamp duty will now be paid on house rent and C of O – FIRS
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud