Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Catholic Priest serving at the Uromi Diocese, Father Nicholas Oboh, has been abducted by gunmen in Benin City.
Chancellor Uromi diocese, Rev Father Osi Odenore, in a statement posted on his facebook page said Father Oboh was abducted on Valentine’s day but was not specific in the area where the abduction took place.
He called for prayers for the release of Father Oboh.
“We are sure he is alive, and since the incident, steps have be taken to ensure that Rev Father Nicholas Oboh is release without no harm.”
Also, some children were abducted at Umelu community in Ikpoba-Okha local government area.
It was gathered that armed robbers had robbed residents in the area and took four children along with them.
Sources in the area said one of the abducted children has been released after the parents paid the sum of N2m.
The sources said other parents have opned negotiations with the abductors.
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor