Estimated Reading Time: <1
The leader of Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau, has sent President Muhammadu Buhari a warning, telling him never to return to Borno. In a video obtained by TheCable, the leader of the sect conspicuously told Buhari that his members are fully on ground in the North-East.
He said they will attack Buhari if he visits Borno again. “Buhari came to Maiduguri pretending to be a good man. He shouldn’t try it again,” Shekau said in Hausa language.
Speaking further, he gave condition for Chibok girls’ release, noting that the schoolgirls would be set free if the federal government let go of the sect members currently in detention.
Recall that in April 15, 2014, the sects abducted about 276 female students from Chibok girls Secondary School.
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research