Estimated Reading Time: <1
Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Emmanuel Ehanire, on Wednesday in Kano confirmed that two suspected cases of Coronavirus has so far tested negative after diagnosis in the country.
Ehanire, disclosed this, while declaring the two day, Kano State Primary Health Summit open at Government House, affirmed that the country was fortified with three well-equipped centres to diagnose the deadly disease and other viral infections.while an emergency ambulance will soon be launched in Abuja.
He explained that the Federal Government has already provided adequate mechanisms at all entry points in the country to screen all incoming passengers to ascertain their health status in order to prevent possible carriers from gaining entrance in the country..
Also, at the occassion, the minister said the Federal Government has awarded Kano state Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Nigeria’s champion of primary healthcare delivery.
Ganduje is the second person receiving award of such nomanclature 27 years after.
Dr. Enahire said the award was bestowed on Ganduje for his continued effort in the development of primary healthcare system in the state, in line with global best practice.
He expressed delight over Ganduje’s sterling performance in the health sector, pointing out that the rate at which Kano is moving in the development of the primary health care system is encouraging and superb.
Dr. Enahire revealed that, “we at the Ministry, we are united in arriving at the decision that led to the Award of this merit to His Excellency Governor Abdullahi Ganduje.
“All the indices used before they arrived at this level, were scientifically proven, that they all appreciated the immense contributions of the Governor in the area mentioned, primary health care delivery system.
He further stated that because of his unassuming belief and acceptance of the efforts being put by the Governor in the health sector generally, “this is my third time of coming to Kano in less than a Month.
This signifies that, Kano is doing well in the sector because I cannot just be coming without being satisfied that the Governor is doing very well.”
Dr. Enahire noted that, Kano state under Ganduje, “understands the importance of the health sector and not at the detriment of other sectors of the state, because we have been following trends and see for ourselves. Dr Ganduje is that Governor who believes in healthy society. And who works towards improving same.”
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’