Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kano State House of Assembly has impeached the House majority leader Labaran Abdul representing Kiru constituency.
Mr Abdul was immediately replaced by a member representing Wara Constituency, Kabiru dashi.
There was no reason was given as to why the majority leader was removed.
Following an undisclosed motion sponsored by a member representing Bunkure Muhammad Doguwa and endorsed by 23 members out of 27, the majority leader was instantly impeached and replaced.
After the impeachment, members of the House held a closed-door meeting.
Details regarding why he was impeached are expected to be made known to the public soon.
- Almajirai Repatriated To Kaduna Will Get Free Education – Kaduna Governor
- Nigerian farmers likely to go out of business due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Odion Ighalo’s dream of making his stay with Manchester United may not materialize – here’s why
- NAFDAC to continue hydroxychloroquine clinical trials for treatment of COVID-19 in Nigeria despite suspension
- Of Oil wealth, Niger Delta Politicians & the Nigerian state
- COVID-19: WHO Suspends Hydrochloroquine Treatment Trials On Safety Concerns
- COVID-19: Anambra, Delta To Check Movement On Niger Bridge
- MURIC wants Northern governors sanctioned for flouting COVID-19 directives to pray at home during Eid al-fitr
- Nigeria’s Gross Domestic Product grew by 1.87% in Q1 – NBS
- Buhari says no development can be achieved without peace