Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Kano State House of Assembly has impeached the House majority leader Labaran Abdul representing Kiru constituency.
Mr Abdul was immediately replaced by a member representing Wara Constituency, Kabiru dashi.
There was no reason was given as to why the majority leader was removed.
Following an undisclosed motion sponsored by a member representing Bunkure Muhammad Doguwa and endorsed by 23 members out of 27, the majority leader was instantly impeached and replaced.
After the impeachment, members of the House held a closed-door meeting.
Details regarding why he was impeached are expected to be made known to the public soon.
- Katsina government warns civil servants against “improper use of social media”
- All roads and bridges in Apapa will be completed in October says Sanwo-Olu
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Atiku, Odili, Na’Abba – the political careers Obasanjo killed
- Magu Probe: Buhari constitutes Justice Salami panel to judicial commission of enquiry
- Yahoo boys becoming role models is a travesty says Diezani Allison-Madueke
- Iroko TV only sucks profit out of Nigeria to take abroad – NBC
- Federal Government distributes 20,000 cocoa seedlings to Imo state farmers
- NITDA denies endorsement of money-doubling schemes
- Stamp duties collection account not illegal- NIPOST
- North East Development Commission sets up N6bn Education Fund