Estimated Reading Time: <1
Edo State deputy governor, Philip Shuaibu, has given the National Chairman of All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole conditions for reconciliation with Governor Godwin Obaseki.
He said the suspended chairman must acknowledged the fact that Obaseki has taken governance in Edo to the next level, therefore he should return to the fold and give him full support as a father.
He asked the former governor to return to the state and apologise to the governor.
Shuaibu said he fell out with Oshiomhole because of his refusal to support the governor whom he said had not deviated from the foundation laid by the APC National Chairman.
Both Obaseki and Oshiomhole had been at loggerheads over who controls the party machinery in the state.
The state government had on Monday petitioned the Inspector-General of Police and Director-General of the Department of State Services to arrest and prosecute Oshiomhole for breach of peace in the state
The Deputy Governor of Edo, Mr Philip Shuaibu, said in Abuja while speaking with journalists shortly after the meeting of the APC Governors Forum Steering Committee on Good Governance.
Shuaibu expressed Edo government’s readiness to submit its petition to the Inspector-General of Police (IG) Mohammed Adamu and the Director of DSS, Mr Yusuf Binchi on the rally.
”I am in Abuja to meet with the IG. I have a petition to the IG and the Director of DSS to the effect that Mr Oshiomhole be arrested by the police and DSS for the breakdown of law and order, that he has consistently perpetrated in Edo state.
“We banned rallies, the IG in a letter also suspended rallies. Oshiomhole disobeyed the orders of the state government. He disobeyed the orders of the IG and feels that he is above the law.
“For us, we have officially come now to drop our petition with the IG, to the effect that Oshiomhole is not above the law; he should be arrested for violating the state government’s order,” Shuaibu said.
He said that nobody violated Oshiomhole’s orders when he was a governor.
“So, for us, when Oshiomhole continually disobeys the law, when opposition party chairmen do same, he becomes a reference point,” he said.
“That is why I am here on behalf of the state government, to submit a petition to the IG to the effect that Oshiomhole be arrested and prosecuted for breaching the peace of Edo’” he said.
- PDP says the prophecy that the APC and its leaders will be stoned for failure has come to pass
- Breaking: Gunmen Kill First Class Traditional Ruler
- #EndSARS: Feminist Coalition website suffers suspected cyberattack
- APC chairman formally receives Senator found guilty of assault, into the party
- ‘Northern Nigeria is the worst place to live in this country’ – Sultan Of Sokoto laments
- Twitter Lawsuit: “We got notice for the hearing late” Adamu Garba explains absence from court
- Mahmood Yakubu asks National Assembly to pass amended electoral act before Q1 2021
- Nigeria is the third most terrorized country in the world according to Global Terrorism Index
- Argentine football legend, Diego Maradona to be buried in Buenos Aires
- Lai Mohammed says despite recession, Nigeria’s economy is improving