Estimated Reading Time: <1
Edo state government wants the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Comrade Adams Oshiomhole arrested and prosecuted by the security agencies for constantly disobeying the orders of the state government.
Deputy Governor of the state, Phillip Shuaibu told newsmen in Abuja that he was submitting a petition to the Inspector General of Police and the Department of State Services requesting for Oshiomhole’s arrest.
Shuaibu, however, said Oshiomhole remains his father even though they are presently not on the same page politically.
Shuaibu accused the APC national chairman of igniting violence in the state by going against the state government order banning political rally in the state several times
Political tension has continued to grip Edo State, South-south Nigeria, as the rift between the state governor, Godwin Obaseki, and the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, deepens.
- 6 days after testing positive for COVID-19, Governor Akeredolu says he has recovered
- Federal Government is set to shut the Third Mainland Bridge for six months
- Journalists barred as Magu faces panel in Aso Rock while DSS denies arrest
- DSS has said it did not arrest Mr Ibrahim Magu, EFCC acting chairman
- Fredrick Nwabufo: EFCC’s Magu ‘arrested’: When the hunter becomes the bush meat
- Governor Ganduje of Kano has said that PDP is only interested in looting Edo State Treasury
- National Assembly to hold hearing on sexual and gender based violence in Nigeria
- Anti-Corruption activist; Hamzat Lawal declines NCF invitation
- Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has been arrested by the Department of State Services.
- Kenya resumes international flight operations