Estimated Reading Time: <1
Thousands of members of The Redeemed Christian Church of God(RCCG) across the country on Sunday protested the killings of Christians in the north as well as worsening insecurity.
They were led by General Overseer of the church, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, who led the march protest/ prayer walk for 2km in the National Headquarters of the church in Ebute-Metta, Lagos.
Adeboye, general overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), says every soul lost to insurgency is precious to God.
Adeboye said this on Sunday during the monthly thanksgiving service at the church’s headquarters in Lagos.
He prayed that evil doers in the country should be exposed.
“Lord, have mercy on Nigeria. Let there be peace and security in Nigeria. God sees all things and knows where the terrorists are,” Adeboye said.
“We pray that God send His light to Nigeria and expose the evildoers in the country. Every soul is precious to God whether a Christian or a Muslim. Father, we declare no more death of the innocent in Nigeria.
“After the service, we are all going for a prayer walk. We will march according to our age. There are some who would march round the church because of their age and there are some who would march with me to Atan Cemetery and back.”
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms