Estimated Reading Time: <1
Tragedy struck Tuesday at Etitiama Nkporo community in Ohafia council area of Abia state when a man, identified as Kalu Ilum, shot his wife dead while the natives of the community meted instant justice by arresting and setting him ablaze.
Vanguard Newspaper reports that, Ilum, with no known means of livelihood, had been having marital problems with his wife, simply known as Chichi, a food vendor.
A resident of the community said that Chichi had sought for divorce, believing that it was the only solution to the incessant problems with her husband.
“The couple has long unresolved marital issues, leading to the late wife, Chichi who sells food in the community to seek for divorce,” the resident said. However, things were said to have gone out of hand at about 7am Tuesday when Ilum in a fit of anger, invaded his wife’s shop and shot her dead.
Ilum was reported to have fled after committing the heinous act and hid himself inside water well in an attempt to escape justice.
The natives of the community who were hell bent on getting the man to account for his misdeed, went searching for him, all to no avail. They later engaged the services of a native doctor, who was said to have used his diabolical powers to smoke out the killer husband from the well.
The reports says “As soon as he came out from well, he was beaten to death and later set ablaze by an angry mob. It was gathered that irate youths of the area marched to his residence and set it ablaze.”
- #EndSARS: Governors directed to establish security and human rights committees – Police Affairs Minister
- #EndSARS protests should continue says Benue State Governor Ortom
- #EndSARS: You have made your point, please call off the protest; Tinubu begs
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS