Estimated Reading Time: <1
The caretaker committee chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance in Imo State, John Iwuala, has said that the party has expelled Senator Ifeanyi Araraume.
Iwuala said that the senator who represented Imo North between 1999 and 2007 and was the APGA governorship candidate during the 2019 election in Imo state was guilty of alleged anti-party activities.
Araraume had publicly pledged to work with the governor of Imo state, Hope Uzodinma, who is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress.
Araraume had endorsed the APC candidate of the Okigwe North House of representatives rerun election as against the APGA candidate.
The APGA caretaker chairman said that the party in the state and in the South-East zone had expelled the senator.
He said, “APGA in Imo State and in the South-East have expelled Senator Ifeanyi Araraume. We expelled him in a letter we wrote to the national leadership on January 11. We are waiting for the national leadership to ratify the expulsion. “
But Araraume who spoke to journalists on Saturday after casting his vote during the Okigwe North rerun election said that the caretaker committee chairman had no legal rights to speak for Imo APGA.
He said, “John Iwuala is unknown to me. He is unknown to APGA and unknown to law. A valid state Congress was conducted in Imo State and APGA has a duly elected chairman in Imo State.
“We have said that what we are running in Imo State now is a coalition. APGA, APC, AA, and part of PDP led by Senator Samuel Anyanwu are supporting the APC government of senator Hope Uzodinma.”
He insisted that he was still in APGA and the caretaker committee chairman had no power to expel him or any member of the party.
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis