Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi on Friday said that Governor Godwin Obaseki will be re-elected as Governor of Edo state.
He said nothing will stop the Governor’s re-election because he has done well and deserves to continue in office.
Obaseki is a member of the All Progressive Congress(APC) while Umahi is a member of the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
Mr Umahi was addressing Obaseki’s wife, Betsy and other Southern Governors’ Wife’s who were on a courtesy call to him in Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State Capital.
The Governor’s Wives were in the state for the Southern Nigeria Governors’ Wifes’ Forum quarterly meeting.
Umahi said: “Power belongs to God and no matter what anybody will dot is God that has the final say and I can assure you Ma, you know as an apostle of the most high God I also prophesy. And because of the good work, your husband is doing for the people of Edo State no man can unseat him.
“power belongs to God and no matter what anybody will do, it is God that has the final say and I can assure you ma, you know as an apostle of the most high God I also prophesy. And because of the good work your husband is doing for the people of Edo state, no man can unset him.
“I made this statement so that the glory of God will become larger. It happened here in Ebonyi, I have a testimony of what God can do. Even in our NEC meeting, when Obaseki speaks, you see Economics. You see a man that came from private sector background. And so, we can’t wish that away. So, congratulations to you in advance and to all of us.
“You know the Governors; we have so many elections. First is the primary, second one is the poll, then the third one is the tribunal. Then another one is the appeal and then the election of the elections is the supreme court.
“So, it is not an easy thing and if the hand of God is not upon you, you can’t scale through all these hurdles. And so, it is God who has brought all of us to leadership and I say double congratulations to all of us”.
Earlier, Mrs Obaseki who is the Chairman of the Forum said the Southern Governors’ Wifes Forum were in the state for their quarterly meeting.
She commended the governor for his hard work which has led to the transformation of the state with many quality projects.
Mrs Obaseki solicited for the support of the Governors for their pet projects which she noted also is for the betterment of the society.
They include: Edo, Ebonyi, Ab?a, Enugu, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Ekiti, ?yo, Osun.
- Buhari will on Thursday depart Abuja for Bissau
- Just In: Buhari approves construction of $1.9 billion rail line to Niger Republic
- Lagos donates 51 SUVs and eight houses to judges – second time in a year official vehicles were donated to judiciary
- 23 people, including school children, die in fuel tanker fire in Lokoja
- Just In: President Buhari has signed a long-awaited oil-reform bill?
- Buhari orders marketers of fertilisers to sell their products at N5,000 per 50kg bag
- Court says Buhari contravened law on Appointment of Judges’
- Appeal Court Hears Police Brutality on Nigerian Journalist 11 Years after
- APC says it lost the governorship election because of Adams Oshiomhole
- CBN says only account holders can deposit FX cash into domiciliary accounts – here’s why