Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi on Friday said that Governor Godwin Obaseki will be re-elected as Governor of Edo state.
He said nothing will stop the Governor’s re-election because he has done well and deserves to continue in office.
Obaseki is a member of the All Progressive Congress(APC) while Umahi is a member of the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
Mr Umahi was addressing Obaseki’s wife, Betsy and other Southern Governors’ Wife’s who were on a courtesy call to him in Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State Capital.
The Governor’s Wives were in the state for the Southern Nigeria Governors’ Wifes’ Forum quarterly meeting.
Umahi said: “Power belongs to God and no matter what anybody will dot is God that has the final say and I can assure you Ma, you know as an apostle of the most high God I also prophesy. And because of the good work, your husband is doing for the people of Edo State no man can unseat him.
“power belongs to God and no matter what anybody will do, it is God that has the final say and I can assure you ma, you know as an apostle of the most high God I also prophesy. And because of the good work your husband is doing for the people of Edo state, no man can unset him.
“I made this statement so that the glory of God will become larger. It happened here in Ebonyi, I have a testimony of what God can do. Even in our NEC meeting, when Obaseki speaks, you see Economics. You see a man that came from private sector background. And so, we can’t wish that away. So, congratulations to you in advance and to all of us.
“You know the Governors; we have so many elections. First is the primary, second one is the poll, then the third one is the tribunal. Then another one is the appeal and then the election of the elections is the supreme court.
“So, it is not an easy thing and if the hand of God is not upon you, you can’t scale through all these hurdles. And so, it is God who has brought all of us to leadership and I say double congratulations to all of us”.
Earlier, Mrs Obaseki who is the Chairman of the Forum said the Southern Governors’ Wifes Forum were in the state for their quarterly meeting.
She commended the governor for his hard work which has led to the transformation of the state with many quality projects.
Mrs Obaseki solicited for the support of the Governors for their pet projects which she noted also is for the betterment of the society.
They include: Edo, Ebonyi, Ab?a, Enugu, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Ekiti, ?yo, Osun.
- PDP Governors want Buhari to implement restructuring, state policing
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months
- In Kaduna, Banks, Schools, Airport, Hospitals, others shut as NLC vows not to back down on Industrial action
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo talks 2023 presidential race
- A UNIJOS Professor and her husband have been kidnapped in Plateau
- ‘We have started the process to impeach Senate President Ahmed Lawan’- Lawmaker
- Kaduna Strike: ‘El-Rufai never believes he is wrong but we will compel him’ – NLC
- Atiku ask Governors to embrace unity and solve Nigeria’s insecurity crisis
- ‘Military needs modern weapons and training’ – IBB says
- Hoodlums attack INEC Headquaters in Enugu