Estimated Reading Time: <1
British-Nigerian boxer,Anthony Joshua,prostrated before President Muhammadu Buahri in London on Saturday – Buhari is in the UK for an investment summit.
Present at the visit were Geoffrey Onyeama, minister of foreign affairs; Nìyí Adebayo, minister of industry, trade and investment; Abike Dabiri-Erewa, chairperson of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM), among those with the president when he received Joshua.
Bashir Ahmad, presidential aide, tweeted this video of Joshua’s meeting with the president.
The boxer has always been proud of his Nigerian heritage. Shortly after reclaiming his titles from Andy Ruiz, jnr, in December, Joshua released a video where he hailed Nigerians for their support.
The world heavyweight champion whose father is originally from Sagamu in Ogun state,
- Oyo State Government to reopen schools on Monday 26th October
- IPOB says it will resume peaceful protests on Monday
- Return stolen property in 72 hours or face prosecution; Osun Governor warns looters
- South-West Governors, ministers visit Sanwo-Olu to sympathise
- Breaking: NECO suspends ongoing examination indefinitely
- Cross River Governor, Ayade orders police to carry out house-to-house search for looted properties
- Breaking: Lets us pray for Nigeria – Pope Francis begs christians
- Niger Delta militants threaten mayhem; roll out 11-point demand
- Food looted from Kaduna warehouses are poisonous; The state government warns
- Looted Palliatives: It is now clear that Buhari is not Nigeria’s problem; says Zahra Buhari-Indimi