Estimated Reading Time: <1
The head of the National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons NCFRMI Sen. Basheer Garba Mohammed has met with the Ambassador of the State of Qatar to Nigeria Ambassador Abdulaziz Mubarak Al Mohannadi in Abuja. The meeting sought the
collaboration of the Gulf country on the reintegration of IDPs and Refugees in Nigeria and the provision of durable solutions to persons of concerns across the country.
In his remarks during the visit, Sen. Mohammed said “Nigeria currently has 2.4 million Internally Displaced Persons IDPs and 52,000 refugees and the goal of the Commission was to resettle and reintegrate One Million refugees and IDPs in Nigeria with durable solutions in 2020”
In a press release by the NCFRMI’s Head of Media and Communication Strategy, Alkasim Abdulkadir, he said the visit to the Qatari Embassy was part of the Commission’s active drive to attract strategic assistance in ameliorating the hardship faced by people displaced by conflict in Nigeria.
In his response Ambassador Al Mohannadi said the State of Qatar was more than willing to partner with NCFRMI in resettling and reintegrating IDPs and refugees in the country. He reassured the Commission that an assessment team will be sent out immediately to appraise the needs of vulnerable people in camps and host communities.
NCFRMI plans to build prefabricated low-cost resettlement communities and establish skill acquisition centres for empowerment, in addition to the huge task of resettlement, the commission will additionally roll out the schools, camps, in line with international best practices
of providing for vulnerable people
- Why we arrested Salihu Tanko-Yakasai – DSS Reveals
- Terrorists have resumed operations in Kagara, kill four
- PDP Condemns arrest of Salihu Tanko Yakasai, by the Department of State Services
- Group demands the release of Salihu Yakasai, abducted for criticising the President
- Abduction Scare: Kano State Governor orders the closure of four tertiary institutions in the state
- Northern Elders Forum says Nigerians have lost faith in the Federal Government
- Governor Ganduje has sacked Salihu Tanko Yakasai
- Police arrest Ogun deputy speaker for alleged assault
- Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele says the naira has depreciated
- Breaking: Abducted Kagara Science College boys reportedly Released