Breaking News

Lagos Govt seals off Quilox – Owner of the club, Lawmaker, Shina Peller Detained

The Lagos state government has sealed off Club Quilox for noise pollution and traffic congestion.

Member of the House of Representatives, Shina Peller is said to have been detained by Police at Maroko Police Station in Lagos.

Multiple reports say the lawmaker was allegedly arrested while trying to take the bail of some clubbers who are regular customers at his club, Quilox.

“The Lagos State Government has shut down popular night club, Quilox, which belongs to a House of Representatives member, Shina Peller”. – The Special Adviser to the governor on New Media, Jubril Gawat, wrote in a tweet on Monday.

Another lawmaker, Akin Alabi also wrote on twitter confirming the incident, “We are on our way to Panti. First of all, the cars of the customers were towed and seized for violating traffic. FINE. But they were arrested and told to pay N100,000 bribe. Why one earth do you need to pay the police a bribe after your car has already been seized”

Peller, who is representing Iseyin/Itesiwaju/Kajola/Iwajowa Federal Constituency, Oyo State, was allegedly arrested while trying to take the bail of some clubbers.

The lawmaker is the owner of a popular Lagos club, Quilox.

A statement by Peller’s Press Secretary, Kola Popoola, claimed that the lawmaker’s offence was not disclosed to him as his phones were seized.

He said, “Peller was at Moroko Police Station to bail some of Club Quilox’s customers who had allegedly parked on the road during a show at the club.

“Prior to the kickoff of the 36 hours non-stop show which usually holds every year at Quilox, Peller had informed the concerned Lagos traffic authorities to avoid unnecessary traffic gridlock.

“On getting to Moroko Police Station, the police started harassing Peller and even went as far as seizing all his phones for no reason.

“The continuous harassment and unjust detaining of a member of House of Representatives, Peller, by the police calls for urgent attention of the media, and the Commissioner of Police.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, did not take his calls and had yet to respond to a text message on the incident.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *